Flood Awareness Safety Tips
SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County is Here To Help after your home or Business in the Eastern Rockland County area suffers any water damage from flooding waters. We have commercial grade equipment, highly trained technicians and cleaning products specially formulated to clean any disaster. Here are some safety tips for you to follow to stay safe and prevent major water damage if possible.
10 Actions to Take Before the Flood
- Learn the safest route from your home; or business should you have to leave in a hurry
- Develop and practice a "family escape" plan and identify a meeting place if family members become separated.
- Make an itemized list of all valuables including furnishings, clothing and other personal property. (Keep the list in a safe place-not in your home)
- Stockpile emergency supplies of food, medicine, first aid supplies, and drinking water. Store drinking water in clean closed containers.
- Don't forget to plan for your pets.
- Keep a portable radio, emergency cooking equipment, flashlights in working order, and extra batteries.
- Keep your automobile fueled. If electric power is cut off, service stations may not be able to pump fuel for several days.
- Find how many feet your property is above or below flood levels.
- Keep materials like sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting and lumber handy for emergency weatherproofing.
- If flooding is likely and there is time, move essential items and furniture to upper floors in the house. Disconnect electrical appliances that can't be moved....Never touch appliances if you are wet or there is standing water.
And don't forget to monitor NOAA Weather Radio, and TV Emergency Broadcast Stations. Visit ready.gov to learn more. To learn more about water damage https://www.SERVPROeasternrocklandcounty.com/water-damage-restoration