After the storming Rockland County: Water Damage Timeline and the possibility of mold growth
Intrusion of water into your home from a storm can result in mold growth. When water damages are not addressed right away, the result is an increased risk of mold growth. Mold may appear within 24 to 48 hours after a water damage intrusion event if the conditions are conducive to mold growth.
SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County New York, handles water damages every day, and we know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, your home or business building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which help prevent the secondary damage like mold growth.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may begin to bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears. Mold spores grow if conditions are conducive to microbial growth.
Before risking further damage to you home, and belongings don't try to clean a water damage incident on your own, instead call SERVPRO of Eastern Rockland County at (845) 634-1660 to handle the water damage cleanup and restoration.